September 1, 2011

The One Who is Frail

Perfect words from Jesus in the precise moment that my soul needed them. 
Grow strong in your weakness. Some of my children I've gifted with abundant strength and stamina. Others, like you, have received the humble gift of frailty. Your fragility is not a punishment, nor does it indicate lack of faith. On the contrary, weak ones like you must life by faith, depending on Me to get you through the day. I am developing your ability to trust me, to lean on Me, rather than your own understanding. Your natural preference is to plan out your day, knowing what will happen when. My preference is for you to depend on me continually, trusting Me to guide you and strengthen you as needed. This is how you grow strong in your weakness.  

I don't have to understand how so-and-so does it all. God enables them, for His greater purpose. I shouldn't believe something's wrong with me when I feel weak or tired. Receiving this message from God was such an amazing blessing. I have limits because He created me that way. I shouldn't reject them, trying to be more, do more.

Come to me, He saysall who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. 

I must simply run to Him. Seek strength in Him. Depend on the One who created me with this fragility. And be thankful.

For all is grace.


---
Jesus Calling pg 254, by Sarah Young.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com