August 4, 2011

The One with the "Moving Saga" Prelude

What have I been up to, you ask? Besides organizing pens, warring against bugs, and packing boxes? Moving us and the contents of our home three states east--to New York. (And before you ask, no, we're nowhere near NYC. New York is quite a large state, friends.) Since Thursday of last week I have been working from sun up to sun down cleaning and boxing up one home, loading and unloading moving trucks, opening and unpacking boxes, cleaning and organizing a new home, saying goodbye and saying hello to friends. 

I canNOT wait to give you all the grand tour of our new home. We're really in love with it!  Despite it's not-super-appealing exterior, the inside is quite lovely. It's within a 2 minute walking distance to our new church, the bank, the library (you know our love obsession with libraries), the post office, coffee shop, and more. I can see cars passing down quaint Main Street from my kitchen window. 

But in the meantime, you'll forgive me for enjoying the first evening I've had to sit down and relax. Without boxes staring me in the face and whispering pushy remarks in my ear. Our home is made, aside from the decorative touches, and I'm loving it. 

---
you like?Subscribe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com