Top Ten things I'm pondering on this beautiful late summer morning...
1) Where in the world did my lovely red 1 tsp and 1 Tbsp measuring spoons disappear to months ago??! It is a mystery. I thought for sure I'd find them in the move. But no. They are MIA forever. Lucky for me, I have 2 extra measuring spoon sets. One of which is passed on from my grandma--the metal kind with pretty, colorful handles. *love*
2) I fell in a hole yesterday morning. No joke. There was a piece of garbage in a rut on our front lawn. I stepped over to pick it up and plummeted to the bottom of a crevice in the earth's surface. Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but this hole (covered mostly by overgrown grass) was at least a foot deep and about 2 feet WIDER than I anticipated. Kevin laughed at me.
3) How do friendships start? And how do they stick? I was thinking about this yesterday too.
4) Somewhere along the way I became a coffee drinker. HOW did this happen?! I'm not a daily-drinker by any means. BUT I can drink Kevin's strong coffee concoctions and smile.
5) I thought I would be grossed out when he ordered a Starbucks Venti iced coffee with a shot of hazelnut and room for milk. Blech. But no. It was amazing. We shared this drink with happiness on our faces.
6) But nothing beats the indulgence of a Hazelnut Frappuccino with REAL Whipped Cream and Caramel drizzled on top. Help me, now.
7) Why is it so hard for me to compile reasons I would be good for such and such a job? I'm realizing how I don't think very highly of my skills and I tend to downplay my talents in everyday life. But when it comes to competing for a job, you're supposed to play yourself up, right? It's going to take serious practice for me.
8) I'm still waiting. Wondering. What does God have for me? The options seem endless now, but I'm learning lessons through the journey, the waiting process, the patience testing. Thanking God for giving me peace (when normally I'd be freaking.)
9) It's been a four Sundays in a new church. A month since I've last participated in leading the worship service, week after week, year after year. It's been good to stand with the congregation and worship without distractions of "What note am I playing next?" or "What was that transition again??" or "Should I be singing a different harmony right now?" But I think I'm ready. Ready to be used for what God created me for--leading in worship. Excited after planning with the worship teams last night.
10) I hope this batch of 100% Whole Wheat bread turns out even better than the last. Rising high above the edge of the pan. Just asking to be eaten. (recipe soon!)
What are you pondering today?
---linked up with OhAmanda's Top Ten Tuesday