July 30, 2008

The One with the Humidity

I am ashamed slash proud of the fact that I used the pinesol, mop and mop bucket for the first time this morning (very nice supplies thanks to Elizabeth). I sweep (especially our bathroom) about twice a week, I vacuum about that much, I clean the sinks when they get dirty and the same goes for the toilet, counters, and the mirrors. I don't know why in the world I put off the mopping. I guess it just seems like a lot of preparation for two very tiny squares of linoleum. Nonetheless, it's done. Floors are clean. I'm sweating (because it's 80 degrees and insanely humid). And our home now smells like Pinesol. (Not a bad thing, just to clarify.)

The chocolate chip cookies are made are STILL soft. I can't believe it. I don't think I've ever had a recipe that keeps the cookies soft. I'm crazy excited about it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I cut the recipe in half (except for the vanilla...I love vanilla) but I just put the whole egg in...I figured it was too much hastle to cut an egg in half. Hee, hee.

My bike tire was pierced yesterday morning as I rode into the parking lot. A little tiny piece of brown glass had imbedded itself in the rubber and air was leaking rather quickly for such a small hole. Anyways, I didn't think (or rather Kevin advised against it) it would be a good idea to ride the bike to the bike shop (wow...), so I dropped Kevin off at work this morning and will load my bike in the car this afternoon to pick up him and get the tire fixed. (For hopefully as little money as necessary.)

That said, I decided to try my hand (or rather my legs) at running. I figured I would feel much safer if I ran while Kevin was still at home. So off I went. It was certainly muggy, and the route I took wasn't too bad, but I just don't think my heart is in it like it used to be. I'm not just a city runner. I'm jealous of those who are, but I much prefer calm suburbs and rolling country hills. And maybe one day (if and when we return to the Arbs.) I will find another married woman to be a running partner. Cause that would just be fun. Someone who's about the same fitness and speed as I am, but who will keep my challenged. (As well as good huffing and puffing conversation.) I realized this morning how much I took the little fitness center for granted. I hope to be back there one day and get to use it once again. And maybe by then, they will have taken my advice and expanded the room and the equipment. :)
[....wow....can anyone say "soapbox"]


3 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    I am stoked I found your blog!! I have one too. .We should definately stay in touch this way.. I wanted to say that I still have you " Life with Ed" book, but it has been so helpful during my journey.. Everytime I feel that I a going back or slipping I pull it out, read a chapter and am reminded of why I dont want to go back to that life style.. Now if you are wanting it back, I can send it back to you and buy my own copy. I feel bad.. K, let me know .. Love you!
    ~ Sarah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so know what you mean about the fitness center! It's sad not to be able to go any old day... And I do hope they expand it, too! (Yeah soapboxes!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So can I say that I'm jealous that you are a suburb/country type of runner? Because I love the city! Looooove running in cities and I don't live in the city :(

    And I also am jealous of your chocolate chip cookies and your Friend watching.

    hahahaha...I love your blog!!! I really do :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com