February 19, 2011

The One with the Huge Savings!

Now that you know I'm a penny pincher, you might have guessed I'm not a big fan of shopping. I love grocery shopping--I really do!--but I've never been anything close to the typical female shopaholic. When I do feel like shopping, I love going it alone--with my goal in mind and no reason to feel like I'm holding others back. I could spend half an hour looking through one sales rack, after all. My mom has always been my favorite shopping mate, most likely because I learned my habits from her. :) 

Yesterday morning, I had a wonderful date with myself and Kohl's. After spending an hour last week purging my dresser of clothes I haven't worn in years, shouldn't wear again, or are around just for sentimental purposes and have a few too many stains. It was a good feeling. (And I'm sure Kevin will appreciate having half of his dresser back. Yeah, it was bad.) What better way to celebrate that multi-pile purge, than to take yourself on a little clothes shopping spree?! 

Armed with a list, a 30% off coupon, and my gift cards, I was totally stoked. I quickly found the tank tops I desperately needed--and they were 50% off! (Seriously, you should have seen what I was wearing before. blech.) For the next hour, I pushed aside hanger after hanger on the 5 racks of 70% and 80% off sale items. I even pursued the shoe section and came up super lucky! New Balance running shoes--one pair!--a size 8!--for $21! woah! 

In the end, with all of my gift cards and discounts, I spent $17 and saved $360! Four beautiful blouses. Running shoes. Two tank tops, a bra, and a belt. I say that was a morning well-spent.  


-------

3 comments:

  1. Well, I love to shop and I don't think I've ever saved $360. However, where I need your help is grocery shopping. I spend WAY more money than I should there and I know I don't need to!! Anyway, congrats on your great spree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great deal on the running shoes. I always buy mine at kohls.. I have some advice for weight loss too... Will post a post or comment back to you tomorrow.. Congrats on the shopping deals...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com