January 5, 2011

The One with Our Christmas Day



I am ashamed to see that I haven't yet posted our Christmas Day pictures and memories. It was a quite a fun filled, food filled, family filled day! Kevin and I arrived at my parents' house on Christmas Eve (well, technically Christmas Day) at 12:45am. We were exhausted, but so happy to see mom and have a few minutes to enjoy the twinkling lights. We quickly climbed into bed and fell fast asleep. 

Christmas morning dawned bright and clear--perfect for a run. :) I wasn't going go out for a run on the 25th but when it was 8am and everyone was still asleep, I thought it was the perfect opportunity. Of course, after showering, I climbed back into my pajamas in order to encompass the tradition of Christmas. 

IMG_2660

Ash arrived home at 9:30 am quickly followed by Chuck and Grams. I played Santa and passed out the mounds of gifts--mom and dad are way too generous, I must say. :D We spent the next couple hours enjoying everyone spoils, having a few good laughs, and drinking hot tea. After that, I flew into overdrive. The rest of my mom's extended family would be arriving in just three hours--there was so much to do! 

I put in the ham in the oven. chopped the Velveeta cheese for the salsa dip, Kevin went to work on the meat and cheese tray, mom set up a beautiful "table-scape," and I gathered the dozens of cookies I had baked for the event. I'm not sure how we got it all done in time and managed to have "real" clothes on, but we did! 

IMG_2671

The rest of the day was lovely--we ate and ate and ate until we could eat no more. We caught up on everyone's lives. And we played round after round of Catch Phrase. What a hoot with that group! 

IMG_2710

By the end of the night, we were happy and blessed. And totally exhausted.:) 

Did you all have a lovely Christmas? Was it quiet and peaceful or exciting and rambunctious

Check out more memories at The Goodwin Family.

5 comments:

  1. The table looks beautiful (and yummy!). Can I come for Christmas this year? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did have a wonderful Christmas!! Glad you did too - it looked like a feast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your christmas food spread looks so good! thanks for sharing your Christmas day on Wed WAlk! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much, Ladies! It was quite a feast that's for sure. :D So glad to hear you all had a wonderful Christmas too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com