Top Ten Ways I Got a Glimpse into My Future
This morning was just dandy--everything going according to
plan my desire. Or not! The first two hours of my day gave me a vision of what the rest of my life will be like--you know, once my days are filled with our offspring throwing a wrench in my lovely little schedule. Of course, it'll be worth it and probably a good thing to rid myself of my fairly self-centered lifestyle.
1. As I'm cozy in bed, still fighting with the reality that the alarm clock was close to buzzing, I heard Kevin down the hall. He was shouting, "No! No!" and then the bright hallway lights turned out, shining into my sleepy eyes. The cat was throwing up.
2. I rolled over and pretended I was none the wiser.
3. After my workout, I came upstairs with a plan to head to the shower. Kevin beat me to it.
4. I came up with an alternate plan--eat breakfast.
5. As I was toasting my cinnamon raisin bagel and dreaming of spreading it with Nutella, I realized the trash can was overflowing.
6. I took out the trash, only to realize the bag was leaking some sort of liquid all over the kitchen floor.
7. Grabbing a rag, I began wiping up the mess. It was at this point that I almost stepped in a pile of cat poop conveniently located on the floor entrance into the cat's bathroom.
8. The litter box was overflowing, and someone decided it was high time we did something about it. Thanks, Cat.
9. Still donning my sweaty workout clothes and ignoring the fact that my bagel has been done for 15 minutes, I dumped a billion pounds of cat poo and swept up $11 worth of kitty litter from the floor. (Why can't they just shake their feet off in the litter box?!)
10. At this point, I had no other choice than to sweep the entire kitchen floor and then pull out the hated mop bucket for a thorough cleaning. I had been putting this off for weeks, knowing that the wintertime does nothing but make my floor dirty again in moments.
If you have any doubts of the accounts of my morning, just ask my husband. He can attest to this story in it's entirety. (Oh! Except don't tell him I was awake while he was cleaning up cat vomit!)
Do you ever have mornings like this?! (or a hundred times worse?)
linked up with Oh!Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday.
Don't miss a minute of madness. Subscribe for free.