December 7, 2010

The One with What We've Been Up To

Top Ten {Tuesday} 

This past week, we've taken more pictures than we have in the last 6 months. Maybe that's an exaggeration. But the point still stands--we've been picture-taking fiends and it's all because of our new Canon EOS Rebel XS. We've saved and saved and drooled and dreamt about this for over a year. We're loving our new toy and hope to become quality photographers. It's always been a desire of mine to be a photographer. When I was young, I was constantly setting up poses and backdrops with my dolls, my stuffed animals, my sister. I'm so glad Kevin has helped me reclaim that dream. We're loving our shared hobby and hoping to achieve some goals of portraits, weddings, and more. In the meantime, here's what we've been up to-

1. Decorating the Tree. 

IMG_0013

2. Baking beautiful loaves of Challah Bread

STP65112


3. Attending the Ladies' Christmas Tea. 
This was the table I decorated--complete with China dishes and twigs from my yard. 

IMG_0224

4. Baking jumbo sized cookies with teens I love. 

5. Going to Parades (and freezing to death with these two beautiful girls.)

IMG_0498

6. Listening to Band Concerts. 
(This was Michaela's--the first of 4 this month. She's one of my piano students too!)

IMG_0733

7. Expressing my creativity with some really beautiful Christmas gifts. I'm really excited about showcasing them to everyone--especially you. I'm not sure I can wait until Christmas. :D

8. Keeping our old man cat from eating our fake Christmas tree.

9. Practicing a four part arrangement of Angels We Have Heard On High with our teens. They're pretty darn good, I must say.

8. Posting tons and tons of new, delicious recipes on my other blog. Seriously. You do NOT want to miss out on that goodness. Pumpkin pie. Chex mixes. Mashed potatoes. The perfect turkey. and (coming soon) jumbo chocolate chip cookies, buckeyes, and puppy chow. 

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo I am jealous about your camera...the pictures are awesome! I want one...have fun with your new toy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures you just posted are fabulous! I am getting ready to jump over to your recipe blog. I so need help in this area! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I share your enthusiasm for the photography! Ever since I got my new Canon its been one thing after another...new lens, new flash, etc. I am drooling over the flash and lens as I type this! Keep it up!! It gets even more fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com