December 6, 2010

The One with the Energy Saving Confessions

I am a bit neurotic about preserving energy. Not necessarily because I want to "save the planet"--though that's a lovely side benefit--but because I'm the biggest penny pincher you'll ever meet. Here are statements I make to my husband on a regular basis. 

"Please do not leave the water running while you're brushing your teeth." 

"Close the refrigerator door while you're pouring your glass of milk."

"Why is that overhead light on? It has four bulbs, while the lamp on the counter has one energy saving bulb."

"Please turn off your computer before we go to bed."


"Why is that light on when it's daylight out? If you'd just open the drapes, you could see perfectly fine."


"Please turn off your computer before we go to bed."

"No, I am not going to run the dishwasher until it's actually full. And yes, I decide what's actually full."

"Please turn off your computer before we go to bed."

"Close the garage door. You're letting in cold air."

"Darling. I love you. and I really appreciate that you let me have my way on so many things. You're the best."

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com