December 22, 2010

The One with a Name Change

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! 

Ok, so this news isn't THAT exciting, but I'm still pretty geeked about it. 

I am officially a "dot com."  My new blog address is www.kevinandmel.com

How cool is that?! I have been wanting to secure a domain name for quite some time and was going back and forth trying to choose which I wanted to be. I mean, this is my internet identity! It's a big deal!

For a while I was going to go with theadorkablelife.com which is also quite cool. But then I got to thinking--if I'm still blogging in 5 or 10 years, I might want to move away from the "adorkable" title. And even if I'm "adorkable" forever, I figured this kevinandmel.com blog url can embody any and all subject matter as my life changes. 

It's simple to spell, easy to remember, and it's how most people refer to us "kevinandmel." One word. I would have gone with "Melanie," but many people misspell it and besides, it'd make for a long address. 

For the next however-long-it-takes-google-and-godaddy.com-to-make-the-full-transition into kevinandmel.com, you can still access my blog through the adorkable-me.blogspot.com, but it's probably a good idea to switch my address over in your mind and in your browser. 
 
So, what do you think? Hopefully you like it, considering the decision is made. :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm excited for you!!! :) I've been tossing around some ideas for ours too. one day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com