I loved today.
1. Because I got another chance.
2. Because it's fall.
3. Because my cats snuggled with me.
4. Because I made enchiladas and brownies.
5. Because my dedicated husband went to work even though he was feeling crappy.
6. Because I was super productive.
7. Because I checked everything off of my to-do list.
But mostly because I checked everything off of my to-do list.
It's amazing how accomplished that makes me feel. I'm constantly thinking something that's needs to happen--something to work on, fix, brainstorm, prepare, create, etc. And if I don't write down my thought on a piece of paper RIGHT THEN, it slips out within an instant and is gone forever (or until it floats back into my subconscious for a moment.) I keep little pads of scrap paper around every corner--in my nightstand, in my bathroom drawer, in the kitchen, in my purse. Most of my brilliant ideas happen when I can't get to piece of paper, though. It's so unfortunate.
In any case, this morning's checklist is now in the trash can with every single line item crossed off.
Now I can rest easy.
Assuming my mind doesn't decide to be brilliant when all I want is sleep.