August 4, 2008

The One with the Peanut Butter Pretzels

Halfway through our trip home I started feeling rather miserable. Not only do I have about 5 extra pounds in water making me feel not so good, but nausea began creeping over me. We got home and unpacked and I talked to my good friend Ruth on the phone for a half hour which was great, but my stomach wasn't feeling any better. I tried to eat a little tiny dinner at 8:30 and went to bed at 10:15 having taken a pepto. I thought I would get to feeling better, but I woke up at 2:30 and had to throw up. It was really not fun. I hated it actually. It was the first time I had to deal with this for way over a year. Kevin was very comforting and did whatever he could to make sure I was feeling better. I love him.

I was feeling 85% better this morning and made it on our bike ride. (Though Kevin was skeptical.) I think I'm about 99% now.

An update: After a hot 4 hours in the car, we arrived in Mentor at the Penny's and had an extremely successful shopping trip. Seriously I've never made just ONE trip into the dressing room and come out with almost everything I picked (well, Kevin found about half the items...he's extremely helpful!) He also found some great jeans. HOTT! ;-D

We got home around 6:15 and had an amazing dinner with my parents and Grams. After starting laundry (thanks to our parent's washer and dryer) we enjoyed an amazing bonfire that my dad started. The evening was complete with s'mores (that I succeeded in getting ALL over myself) and my sister's company. Ash also joined Kevin, Grandma, and I for a rousing game of Farkle.

Saturday morning, I woke up early and walked with my grandma to JCP to return some things (and they had opened early for some sale.) We all enjoyed a leisurely morning, Kevin and I did some Aldi shopping, and I baked a batch of my mom's favorite chocolate chip cookies for the Sunday family reunion. Dad had gotten called into work, but mom, Kevin, and I still got all dressed up for one of my elementary school friend's weddings. It was a fun time...though I wish Kevin would have felt better. Poor guy.

Kevin and I crashed early on Saturday night. We went to church Sunday morning and slipped out a minute early to get to the reunion on time. I was wearing one of my favorite new tops and I was proud to introduce Kevin to my extended family. We got on the road--stuffed to the gills--at 4:00 and made it home at 8pm. After know the story. At this point, I'm eager for my husband to be home. We need some quiet time together.


  1. i am sorry u were first when i was reading that, I was like "is she pregnant!?" haha

  2. who didn't think that? I challenge everyone.... I love you Mel. You're adorable...

    this is my word verification: blltgztv
    thot it was funny


Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email