It's no secret I love food. I mean, I have an entire blog designated to recipe after recipe. Today I thought I'd simply share my favorite food combinations. There are just some snacks that are meant to pair up. I can hardly eat pretzels without popping in a few M&Ms. I mean really?
You have probably thought of all of these. It's not rocket science. But these are my top 10 favorite food combinations--snacks I eat on a
regular basis. I hope you like 'em.
1) Apples and peanut butter. All time forever-kind-of-favorite. Right now, I'm really into Golden Delicious apples and Krema Natural Peanut Butter.
2) Homemade Granola and Yogurt (1/3 low fat vanilla & 2/3 plain)
3) Chocolate chips & pretzels (semi sweet chocolate plus mini twists, please). I'm a sweet and salty LOVER.
4) Raisins and Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts. This is a nice alternative to my chocolate chip & pretzel combination. There's the sweetness of the raisins and the natural-saltiness of the peanuts (even the unsalted kind have that "salty" sense to them)
5) Hot Cocoa and loads of mini marshmallows (and I don't have to have fancy-pants cocoa. The little mix packets are fine by me.)
6) Fresh Bread and (real) Butter. I mean, come ON. There is a reason this is one an age-old staple. NOTHING beats homemade bread and butter. Correction--buttah.
7) Old Fashioned Oatmeal and banana. In fact, I think I shared this recipe in my top ten last week. There's a reason for that. It's gooood.
8) Gingersnaps and hot tea. I am a grandma sometimes, I know. But I totally get by my grandma was always eating those crazy-hard cookies with her hot tea. It's perfection.
9) Peanut Butter Toast with Milk. I have always been a sucker for the melty peanut butter action that happens atop freshly toasted bread. Dip that sucker in some milk and beauty happens.
10) Popcorn and Diet Coke. These two go together like peanut butter and jelly (which, oddly enough, I did not mention in this list.)
yep, I'm linking up with Oh! Amanda's Top Ten Tuesday again!