January 24, 2012

The One with 10 Wintertime Recipes

Top {Ten} Favorite Winter Recipes

It's that time of week again! Top Ten Tuesday! And this Tuesday I have decided to share with you all some of my most favorite cold-weather recipes. Bon appetit

1) Rich Hot Cocoa. If I didn't know how caloric this drink was, I would make it every single day. It's that good.

84

2) Banana Nut Oatmeal. This may or may not have been our breakfast for the past 2 weeks. And we're not even tired it. (Here's a secret--we like to use a Tbsp or two of peanut butter to add to the goodness. And I haven't had walnuts, so I just skip that part.)

IMG_5857

3) Fresh Homemade Whole Wheat Bread. Nothing beats this stuff. We could probably devour the loaf and call it a meal. But I have some sense of rational thought and typically try to serve it alongside a well-balanced meal. 

IMG_0459

4) Slow cooker Chicken Noodle Soup. Cheap, fast, and easy. And ridiculously comforting. 

IMG_4169

5) Creamy Butternut Squash and Chicken Soup. Not your typical soup, but so creamy and so good-for-you, you won't stop at just one bowl. I know I didn't. 

IMG_7733

6) Leftover Ham and Potato Soup. (Are you sensing a theme here? We love soup.)

IMG_7679

7) Sweet Heat Chili. Did someone say "chili"? I am so there! 

IMG_5061

8) Challah Bread (Jewish Egg Bread). This stuff is too good to never experience for yourself. So delicious, it's almost dessert (and that's saying something coming from Miss Sweet Tooth.)

STP65104

9) Homemade Pizza Dough (which automatically means PIZZA FOR DINNER, right?!) We have this every single Friday night for dinner--whether it's 100 degrees or 10. You should too. :) 

IMG_4255

10) Zesty Oven Roasted Potato Wedges. These are our favorite accompaniment to our almost-weekly burger night. De-double-lish. 

IMG_2765




Subscribe. why don't ya? :)


2 comments:

  1. Are those all your pictures? They are gorgeous. And now? I'm starving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. These look amazing. I think I will surely try the creamy butternut squash chicken soup. Great to meet you through Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com