January 20, 2012

The One with His Vivid Will

Today's Five Minute Friday writing prompt is:


Vivid

At times the will of God seems mysterious, unknown. We have trouble handing our futures and our dreams and our pains over to his trustworthy hands. As if He has somehow failed us in the past

But He has never me failed me. And He never will.

But you know what? Sometimes, the plan of God for our lives becomes vividly evident. As if, all of sudden, the blinders were removed, the lights turned on, and the color surrounds us in brilliance. We look back and recognize his hand in every step that led us to this moment of vivid understanding. For just a little while we see how his plan is so good, so full of purpose, so much more than anything we ever could have asked or imagined. 

When we receive those glimpses into his will for our lives, it is a gift, sustaining us through the next many months of traversing the roads unknown. Cling tightly to the memory of those vivid reveals of God's plan, and journey with him through the valley to come. One day, you will see clearly on another mountaintop.  

3 comments:

  1. I needed to read this today! Thank you! I'm in the middle of wrestling with trusting the Lord. In my mind, I know He is in control and knows my way. My flesh is stupid and battles that. Linking up with Gypsy Mama. So nice to "meet" you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true and beautiful. I should have tied you in to my post, as well. Blessings from 5 Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops - I meant to say. I totally love the name of your blog - Adorkable!!!! Love it, cuz it's so me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com