March 26, 2011

The One with My [Not So] Baby Sister

IMG_0016


My little baby sister turned twenty-one years old yesterday. I cannot believe it. I am seriously in awe of the fact. First of all, it's impossible because I'm still 17 and she's 4 years younger than me. Secondly, it's only 1998. And thirdly, there is just no way that we're both grown and living on our own in cities far from home. 

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!!!

IMG_0029

But I am so thankful for my Ashley Bashley. (That's what we called her sometimes. We are a little weird, I'll admit.) Ash and I have an infinite number of memories and inside jokes. Friday nights with Grandma and Gramps, McDonald's and Boy Meets World and maybe a little Rummy thrown in there. Summer afternoons with Mary playing drive-thru and swimming till our lips were blue. Oh, the ski trips. Running into SLOW signs, racing down the slopes and getting in trouble, showing off for dad, mom leaving you on the lift. 

IMG_0036

Mon Frere (another weird sister thing. yes, it means "brother" in French), I love you. I'm so proud of you. Happy Birthday!

STP65013

----
subscribe to the Adorkable Life
Subscribe to The Adorkable Life by Email

6 comments:

  1. Sisters Rock! Happy Birthday to your little sis...my "Babiest" (i.e. youngest) Sis will be 40 next year!!! I always say "No way! That means we're like grown-ups!!" Nice tribute to your relationship :) Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby sis is as Adorkable as you! (smile)

    I hope she has a fun year being 21!

    Linda @ Trutful Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies for your beautiful remarks. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures and your words to your baby sister bring tears to my eyes. I always loved your relationship even tho there was some fighting in the mix once and awhile. Will you please make me copies of these pictures so I can always have them near me? Thanks a lot. Love you both so much. mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that "I'm 17 and it's still 1998" LOL--I feel perpetually 26 and how do I almost have a 6-year-old? Anyway, you and your sister are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com