March 28, 2011

The One with the Dust Attack

Having spent the last hour dusting the long-forsaken tops of dressers and corner window crevices, I can tell you it was shocking how dusty my house was. (And still is...I haven't finished yet.) I really dislike dusting. Vacuuming, I can enjoy. Wiping counters and such is a health issue necessity. Doing laundry is fine by me. But dusting?! BLECH. This is really not a good thing considering I have a bit a dust mite allergy. I think I'm growing out of it, however, considering the fact that I've been living amongst them for months now and have had zero issues. 

After changing the sheets on our bed and washing the flannel set that had been used for a long time (I won't tell you how long because I can't remember. ew), I thought to myself, "Self, you could probably run those drapes through the washer and in very little time eliminate loads of allergens." And so I did just that. The job that I have ignored for far too long--washing the draperies. At least they're not mini blinds. I HATE cleaning mini blinds. (Unless it's 90 degrees outside and it's part of my job at camp to take off my shoes and grab a bucket and hose and go to town on someone else's mini blinds. Then it's kinda fun.)

We bought those drapes a month after we moved into this house in November 2008. They haven't been cleaned since. Does that make me a bad person

If so, then I really shouldn't mention the layer of dust that came off of the top of our tall dresser/mirror. wowzers. Now THAT was embarrassing. 

Anyone else spring cleaning and discovering things you wish you could ignore forever??

---
if you can relate, maybe you should subscribe. :) 

3 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you and dusting...it's not a task I enjoy at all. The dust bunnies and I made an agreement awhile back. I won't bother them and they won't bother me. :) Although, I do have to rustle them up time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, oh, Mel, I love you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com