March 8, 2011

The One with the Mentors

I am grateful for my past. Past experiences. Past relationships. Past learning. All of those factors have had a huge part in making me who I am today, and not only that but many of them have proven themselves continually effective in my life. It amazes me how many lessons have affected me--the way I think, the way I make decisions. 

Today, Kevin and I had the opportunity to spend a few hours on campus--our old stomping ground--Spring Arbor University. Though there is less than a handful of students who still have any idea who we are, the faculty and staff who impacted our lives still remember. It is a blessing to be able to call or email a professor seeking advice on anything--life, ministry, scholarship--and they go out of their way to answer. Many of them will even set aside two hours to buy you dinner and spend time catching up on life. 

We value the counselors God has placed in our lives. They are irreplaceable, unforgettable mentors. It is so important to surround our lives with those who are older, wiser, experienced--those willing to give of themselves to invest in us. 

Do you have anyone like this in your life? I pray you do. 

----
follow my blog via my feed--subscribe.

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately, Ive not had many good role models/ Christian mentors in my life! Regardless of that fact, I consider myself very blessed. Its just taken me a little bit longer to grow spiritually. My love for the Lord is deep and true. Im on his time line and no one else ,thank goodness! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting from the blog party. I left you a reply over there. Im following you now :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com