April 8, 2010

The One with the Word Crafting Parade

The Wordcrafter

I joined sweet Bekah's blog party and here's what spewed out of my brain:

1. If you had to describe yourself in one word, what would you say?
*see blog title
**for a more in-depth description see here

2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I think I'd have to go with superhuman reflexes. I'm not known as "Princess Grace" for no reason. This could save me a lot of pain.

3. What are your food obsessions?
Apples.
Peanut Butter.
Chocolate.
Wheat Thins.
Sometimes all together.

4. What is the best April Fools prank you pulled on someone or that someone pulled on you?
*see this post.
You won't regret it.
I know I don't. 

5. If you were an inanimate object, what would you be?
A Paperclip.
I'm organized.
And straight-laced.
And high-strung.
But I can also be malleable and transformed into other helpful uses.

6. Let's say you could change the world in one way. How would you change it?
I would do my best to train and guide the next generation to boldly proclaim the saving grace of Jesus Christ. 

7. You have a million dollars (*gasp* ;). How do you spend it?
I'm not very good at spending money. In fact, I don't really like money. 
But if I had to, I think I would buy us a lovely home. Nothing extravagant. Just right for our family and guests.
Oh and it must have a phenomenal kitchen!
I would invest in my kids' college educations. 
I would buy a fantastic camera and learn how all about photography. 
And sponsor as many children as I could.
And I would visit my little man, Umuhoza, in Rwanda. He's asked me to several times now.

8. What is one thing that always takes your breath away? 
When my husband glances at me with a look that says, "I will love you forever."

9. You can spend the day with one character from a book or series that you've read. Who is that character?
(Is that cheating?)

10. What is one thing that you absolutely positively cannot stand?
When people give you their word and then back out on plans at the last minute. 

11. Say you commited a crime. The judge gives you a choice between sentences: twenty years of complete solitude in the mountains or never having another moment alone for the rest of your life. Your choice?
Solitude! Hands down. I love people, but I really really need my alone time.
And if I could have my husband with me, then it would be perfection.

12. What is one benefit that blogging has given you?
Working through my thoughts and experiences--finding my true self.
Meeting fantastic new friends--similar souls. 

13. A perfect day in your eyes would be...?
Snuggling with my husband.
Going for a run together.
Eating a fantastic pancake brunch.
Reading outside in the 70 degree weather all afternoon.
Going for a walk.
I'm so easily pleased. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie!
    Thank you so much for entering my giveaway and following!! And thanks for the comment you left on my cookie post too. Your words were a real blessing to me! :)

    I *love* your blog! The title is really cute... very original. ;)

    ~ Love & Blessings,
    Lindsay <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! Thanks for the comments on my blog! That's cool that we like a lot of the same stuff! Not too often I find someone with a similar taste in entertainment. :)And you two seriously watched all of a LOST in two months? Must have been quite a brain fry. ;)

    Thanks for the comments and prayers, and may you have an awesome day, God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com