May 7, 2009

The One with the Raindrops on...Dandilions

What a great week this has turned out to be.  Despite all the nose blowing that has to happen for the first couple hours after waking up, I'm over this whole crappy illness thing.  Yay for that. 

Oh, and side note.  My favorite thing is happening--Sunshine while raining.  Yay for sun.  Anyways...

I've had some seriously great workouts with Jillian Michaels every morning and to make it even better, Amanda and I have gone on 3 powerwalks by the river.  We've had such a great time talking while keeping our heart rates up.  What could be better?  It's been great getting to know her.  We have lots in common and never seem to be at a loss for conversation.  Yay for friends.

I made another batch of banana peanut butter granola and it turned out twice as good as the first time (which was quite delicious.)  The taste was still great and I improved upon my "stirring" and "turning" during the baking process allowing the granola to stay in chunks and pieces instead of individual grains of oats.  Yay for granola.

Finalizing plans and items to take to Britt's bridal shower on Saturday has gone well.  I'm looking forward to seeing the fruits of my planning as well as spending time with some of the greatest women in my life.  And not only that, but my mom is coming up tomorrow afternoon and then she, Kevin and I are spending Friday night at his parents' house.  Should be fun!  And I'm so happy to be spending Mother's Day with my mom.  Yay for moms!

3 comments:

  1. This post could also appropriately be titled "The One with the Yays"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful shower and all of you hard work was well appreciated!! and YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com