May 18, 2009

The One with the MIXER!

Friday was amazing. I'm not sure how much I can remember of it's wonderfulness other than Kevin deciding to take me out to Kohl's to buy my anniversary gift. Yes, you guessed it. A KitchenAid Stand Mixer--Artisan Series in Empire Red. Here, let me show you a picture. Just click on the last color swatch in the top row--that's the beauty that now sits in my kitchen. ahhhhh. (translation: girly squeals). I shall take many pictures of this dream machine of mine as soon as I have opportunity. What a bummer of a coincidence is it that I leave town the day after I get the mixer and just hours after I had baked Kevin his favorite chocolate chip cookies. In any case, this is how it went down. I have been shopping and shopping and shopping for the perfect mixer for months but was having trouble deciding to fork over the cash. If you know me at all, you will understand this. I think I get it from my dad.

Anyways...Kevin had 3 different amazing ideas for my first anniversary gift and the stand mixer was one of them. But he didn't want to be lame and get me an appliance. But after talking to me on Friday at which point I realized I had a 30% off coupon for Kohl's that he decided then and there we were going to make a purchase. The mixer was on sale and came with a mail in rebate for a $50 Food Chopper attachment. So between all those things the total was $223 and with subtracting the free attachment it's more like $170. Cool!! And I got to pick my own color!! And it's brand new! (all the things I would have missed out on if buying it on Craigslist.) I was debating between colors and Kevin kept telling me I should get a cool, memorable color that my grandkids would always remember. :) So we went with the classy red. mmm. Can you tell I'm happy?! And it's a gift we'll both benefit from for years and years....

And in case you're wondering what he's getting, it's not nearly expensive but it's very meaningful and useful forever. A slimline snap front pocket Bible. Also something we'll both benefit form for years and years...And perfect for the "paper anniversary."

I was going to update a bit on my Canadian visit thus far, but I'm kind of worn out and dinner is almost ready. Later, people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com