May 30, 2009

The One with Home Sweet Home

Wow, what a week.  It is always a bittersweet experience to have a vacation end--sad to leave the relaxation and fun but so ready to be home again.  An early morning was necessary thanks to my 8:25am flight out of Orlando.  Grams thought I was crazy for picking such a schedule!  And maybe she was right!  lol.  Though it was nice to get home by noon and still have the entire day ahead of me.  The hours of the afternoon were quickly filled with a reality check--unpacking two weeks of accumulated luggage, sorting through two weeks of mail (junk, junk, and more junk as well as a couple lovely happy 1st anniversary cards. Thank you for brightening the pile!), paying two weeks of bills, and updating two weeks of bank account purchases.  Sigh.  Then there was the complete purging of the refridgerated food gone bad.  way bad.  An entire garbage bag worth of bad.  A grocery trip was necessary, but was oddly enjoyable--maybe an easy way to get back into the swing of things.  Oh, and also, I have an unnatural love of Aldi so that makes everything a little happier.  (Weird, I know.)  

Why don't we have a Sweet Tomatoes up here?  That is the restaurant of my dreams!  An outstanding salad buffet as well as a wide array of homemade soups and pastas, fresh fruit, and lowfat frozen softserve!  Oh and the best fresh squeezed strawberry lemonade ever!  

Why is it that I seem completely incompetent at packing an accurate amount of reading material for trips?  I either pack way too few books or way too many.  One would think after years of traveling here and there, I would have this figured out.  Oh well.  

Fishy was still alive and well upon my return.  I heart Fishy. 

Stan the mixer (that's the KitchenAid's name, just in case you were wondering) was still beautifully awaiting my skilled hand. yeah........

Our home was left wonderfully neat and clean thanks to my fantastico husband!  The bed was evening made--complete with decorative pillows and Fred the Abominable SnowMan.  Everything was put away, dishes were clean, and more.  I could have easily taken the house's state for granted, but I quickly realized the efforts he must have made despite his weeks of bachelorhood.

Speaking of which, being apart is totally overrated.  Home is glorious but it's not quite the same when my heart is still in Wisconsin.  Come home to me!!

1 comment:

  1. Have you had the Freckled Lemonade at Red Robin? I've never tried Sweet Tomato's lemonade, but so far, Red Robin's is the best I've ever had.

    And now I'm craving it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com