June 24, 2008

life, love, and other mysteries



So I have this situation.  We've had our wedding thank you cards done for almost a month now.  (Ok, not quite a month...considering we got married a month ago TODAY!  "Happy Anniversary, Mel & Kevin."  Why, thank you!) Nonetheless, I feel awful that I haven't sent many out yet simply because the cost of postage to mail all of these notes is not the first thing our priority spending list.  Oh, well, I suppose people won't hate me if they have to wait a little longer than expected to get their thank you.  (I've read that Thank You card etiquette requires them to be sent within 3 months from the wedding date.  I think that's ridiculous and I'm sure you all know me better than to put off something like this...but just know it will come...)

And seriously, our wedding was absolutely phenomenal.  The many friends and family that traveled hours to celebrate with us was just an unspeakable blessing.  Many brides have told me that the day passes like a blur and it is nearly impossible to remember anything.  However, due to some car confusion, we ended up being the last ones out the door at our reception.  Not the original plan, but it was wonderful to be able to spend some quality time with nearly everyone who came.  I have always been irritated with wedding receptions and the fact that you just eat and talk to the people at your table...and if the bride and groom do come by they say a quick hello and move on.  But Kevin and I really wanted to make an effort to make our day more meaningful for everyone involved.  The ceremony details were planned and chosen in such a way that the guests all knew each step meant something to us and the reception was more fun than I could have orchestrated!  Thank you for making our day more than perfect and for those who weren't able to make it, thank you for your prayers and your cards of blessing!

Well, I'm not really sure that was the direction I was originally planning on taking this entry, but it will suffice.  Let me leave you with this:

"I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for you I always pray with joy...And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God (Phil. 1:3-4, 9-11)

1 comment:

  1. i just started this blogging thing (well, switched over to it from xanga) and i ran into your blog by complete accident :o) i'm excited, though; now i can keep up with your life! :oD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com