June 20, 2008

pancakes, mac 'n cheese, and pilates

welp, that pretty much sums up my morning.  No, for real!  We're down to one egg and a cup of milk so that limited the breakfast options, so I made pancakes.  This is one item of food that we will not be running out on any time in the near future.  (So if you come visit us, I hope you like pancakes, cause that's what you're gonna get.)  

I also made Meijer brand macaroni and cheese to send with Kevin for his lunch.  Then I did pilates.  Just like I do every morning.  It's a good time actually. :)  I haven't gone running outside since last week for two reasons.  1) My foot was still healing it's torn muscle (?) and 2) my mom and grandma have me all paranoid about becoming the next headline:  "Young girl killed in the park while jogging."  Oh well.  I hope to get the ellipse from Kevin's parents sometime soon. 

The mail was pretty exciting yesterday.  (Don't mock me, I have to take joy in the little things in life.)  My new Michigan license arrived...and I'm not gonna lie...it looks good.  For real, though, even the license bureau lady said, "Wow, that's a really nice picture." *happy*  I guess I'm officially a Michigan resident.  (Shouldn't there be some sort of party thrown in my honor???  Or at least a cake?)

We also got our first church newsletter.  Maybe I shouldn't have been as excited as I was, but finding a place to belong, a place that wants us involved, and a place that has "salad potlucks" to welcome the new youth pastor and his wife-to-be is awesome. :)

After dinner last night, we watched Little Miss Sunshine.  Have you seen this movie?  Cause you should.  (but if you're at all offended by language or homosexuality...don't.)  It was only the 2nd time we had watched it, but I think it's one of those shows that just gets better every time around.  It leaves you thinking, "What the heck did I just watch?  That was awful.  But that was so awesome."  

A week ago, Kevin and I planned on doing nothing this weekend.  That doesn't seem to be happening, however.  We have a friend coming up to visit and stay the night tonight, we're planning on doing some serious shopping at the produce market on Saturday, then that night another friend and her sister are hanging out with us until they pick up their other sister at the airport.  (It's nice we live by the airport...gives people an excuse to visit.)  Then Monday, his family is coming up for the Freedom Festival Fireworks.  We've decided that each of these things is great, and even though we might not get to do "nothing" as we planned, it'll still be  great time. 

So in a nutshell:  our car is getting fixed.  

1 comment:

  1. My favourite part is the "in a nutshell part" haha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com