June 26, 2008

"Afternoon, Gorgeous"

yep, that's right.  My love makes me blush when he send me random IM messages from work.  He's the best!

For this particular post, I actually have a little post-it compiled of all the random things I wanted to write about.  I know, I know, it's hard to believe I would make a LIST!  

1)  The Hotdog Incident.  So Kevin gets home from lab last night and we decide we're not extremely hungry.  The menu was going to consist of mac and cheese and salad as well as a Ballpark Frank for Kevin.  While he's in the shower, I decide to try my hand at grilling...but before I can do that, the hotdog needed defrosted.  Sure enough, I basically cooked the thing in the microwave.  Lamo.  Then, I go out to put it on the grill and I'm amazed at how easy it is to start the grill!  I go back inside to do other food prep things and by the time I go back outside I realize the hotdog is nearly burnt (but still edible). Crap.  As I go to put the dog on the plate, it slips off the turner and onto the ground.  GROSS.  Now, my husband thinks I'm trying to kill him...but honestly, I just stink at hotdogs.  

2) Vanna White's Dress.  I loved the dress Vanna White wore last night.  loved.

3) Babysitters4hire.  Last night it occurred to me that I know many college friends who babysit/nanny for the summer and make great money doing so.  That said, I found this website (babysitters4hire.com) and registered.  Who knows if anything will come of it, but it's worth a try!

4) Subbing.  The thought had crossed my mind and how I've had at least 3 or 4 people mention the idea of substitute teaching to me.  Though working in a school would not help with our financial situation for the summer, it could be the perfect situation for me come fall.  I'm thinking of looking into a substitute position in a Christian school or applying for a Bible teacher's job.  yay, ideas!

5) "Ridin' bikes and being engaged..." (I mean "married"...sorry, inside joke...friends made fun of the adorable engaged couple riding bikes around SAU's campus last year...)  Anyways, Kevin and I each have a usable bike now.  woooooo!  So this morning, I decided I would ride into work with him then ride back by myself. I wasn't sure if I could do it, but the 7.5 miles wasn't too bad and neither were the directions.  It was really exciting to spend that extra time together, and exercising to boot!  A new tradition??  Time will tell. :)

6) Well, besides discovering the wonders of Google Calendar and trying to stay cool without turning on the air conditioner, that just about wraps it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com