June 17, 2008

Empty Me:::Fill Me with You

I don't know where to begin.  My heart is overflowing with blessing and yet weighted down by anxiety.  hmmm.

 So our car still sits in the parking lot, too tired to start again.  *sigh*  And we're struggling to figure out what to do about it.  When can we take it in?  What is the problem?  Will it cost more money than we have?  But at least I have air in my bike tires now.  (.75 for air is ridiculous...why pay for AIR!?)  

I road down to the IHOP after getting my bike ready to go, and found out that they probably won't be hiring anyone for a few weeks.  Oh, dear.  That place had given my one ray of hope in employment in the area.  I have about 10 apps out and I haven't heard a thing.  Either the job market in MI is really awful or no one wants the expertise I have to offer.  (oh, wait...I don't really have any expertise...except in the PHI/REL arena...and that's only needed in grad. school...which I would have to pay for.) So I'm not sure what to do.  Do I wait?  Do I go on a mad "hire me" spree down the main thorough-way?  (Except I only have a bike for transportation at this point, and Detroit is still a bit overwhelming  to this girl.)  I have been receiving lots of words of wisdom though:  most of them have included something like "Maybe God has sometime better, extraordinary in fact.  Maybe he's wanting you to wait, and to rest in Him."  I'm praying that that is the truth.  I'm trying to soak in that.  

Thank the Lord for friends.  Those who offer a shoulder to cry on, those who give employment advice, those you just listen, and those who send messages out of the blue with heavenly reminders attached.  Today, before anything had time to happen, I received an email from a girl who has just recently become a friend, almost just an acquaintance.  This is the prayer she offered up for me, simply because God had laid me on her heart:  

Dear God, 
Thanks for Melanie's faithfulness and desire to serve you with all of her heart. I know that you rejoice with her in this new part of her life. LORD I pray that you would fill Melanie with your hope each morning. Give her a confidence in you as the provider. I pray that you would not only provide Melanie with a job but that you would surprise her with the graciousness of your people all around them. I pray that they would not lack for anything LORD. I also ask that you would, in this time, not let worry and anxiety and striving suck the life out of their new joy. May she be filled with your inexpressible joy each morning. May there be no doubt in her mind that you can handle all of their life's challenges with the snap of your finger. I pray that you would also bring into their lives friends in their area...a place where they can connect and fellowship. May they be strengthened and encouraged by your fellow saints there in Detroit. Protect them, guide them and may they be stronger together than they were alone. 

And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you (Philippians 1:6)

In the name of Jesus, 
Amen

May you be blessed and surprised today by the LORD and His dear love towards you:)


Now, she is what I would consider a true friend.  Thank you, Jesus.  

1 comment:

  1. Mel, have faith, it will work out I promise. and if it doesn't work out the way you wanted, think about what God must have in plan for you!!!! Remember when we first met at school? did you ever think then that you would be where you are today? Thank Jesus that He blesses us so much more than we ever deserve!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com