August 11, 2010

The One with the Fragility

Remember when I mentioned this:
"It's okay to say 'no.' In fact, it's even healthy. I don't have to do everything in order to know I'm loved, appreciated, or valued. And it's okay to admit when I'm tired and weary and need a break. Who knew I just couldn't do it all?"
It was just last evening, so the thought was on the forefront of my mind. 
This morning, while reading my daily dose of Jesus Calling, I glanced ahead at tomorrow's message. 
(How rebellious of me!)
It was perfectly suited for my thoughts on admitting my shortcomings, my needs. 

Jesus says, 
"Come to Me when you are weak and weary. Rest snugly in My everlasting arms. I do not despise your weakness, My child. Actually, it draws Me closer to you, because weakness stirs up My compassion--My yearning to help. Accept yourself in your weariness, knowing that I understand how difficult your journey has been.

Do not compare yourself with others, who seem to skip along their life-paths with ease. Their journeys have been different from yours, and I have gifted them with abundant energy. I have gifted you with fragility, providing opportunities for your spirit to blossom in My Presence. Accept this gift as a sacred treasure:  delicate, yet glowing with brilliant Light. Rather than struggling to disguise or deny your weakness, allow Me to bless you richly through it."  

It's so easy to believe I am sub-par when I compare myself with those around me.
"Well if they can do this and that and the other thing, then darn it I should be able to do the same--
and even better!"
Or "Compared to them, it doesn't seem like I'm at the right point for this stage of my life. 
I should be further along, better off, more prepared, etc etc etc."
I'm sure no one else struggles with fighting off those voices from the Enemy--
the ones trying to convince us that we are to govern our lives and keep up with the Joneses along the way. 
NO. 
We are not to be in control of our days. 
We are to relinquish control. 
To draw near to God. 
It doesn't take much effort. 
In fact "it is more like ceasing to resist the magnetic pull of [Jesus'] Love."
And that includes being fully confident that His plan for me and my family are uniquely ours--
perfectly suited, perfectly timed--
for HIS glory. 

1 comment:

  1. have you seen FFHs new cd? great lyrics and hit on this same thought a lot. great post :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com