January 11, 2010

The One with the Frozen Face


MckMama is back with her own "not me" post.
I had to join the fun.
I don't like being left out, you know.
----
I definitely did not freeze my face off last night at our youth group sledding adventure.
Nope, not me.
I'm always totally prepared for the conditions.
Which I why I would never look at my neck gator.
And then choose to leave it home.
Nope.

It did not take fourteen (count 'em 14) months to get my toilet perfectly clean.*
Nope. The moment I moved in I had that baby up to snuff.
I was not grossed out at the notion of cleaning up other families' muck.
Nah! I've worked on a campground cleaning staff.
I've handling a whole slew of messes I never thought I'd see.
So something in my own bathroom would certainly not go untouched.

And I certainly did not read a book series completely out of order.
Nope, not me.
I always research books before I borrow them from the library.
Therefore, I would never reach the end of a lovely novel by Karen Kingsbury.
And discover I had just read book one (Sunrise) of the third series in the "Baxter Family Drama."
But at that point, I wouldn't want to start over, 10 books back, hoping I would forget all the little secrets I now know.
And I would never admit to the high likelihood of actually forgetting said details.
Nope, not me. I have a memory like....
well...
like my husband.
(yeah.
right.)


*Now, I must clarify this.
I really do clean our toilet each week.
But it's that grimy caulking around the base of the cammode I was successfully ignoring.
Until today.
When I doned a pair of gloves.
Dumped bleach on some paper towels.
And went to town.
I've never been happier.
Or more disgusted.

adorkably yours,

1 comment:

  1. come clean mine! Our issue is just the rusty water problem so it looks gross!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com