February 6, 2009

The One before Camp

In a couple hours I'll be driving a couple of our teens and myself to SBC for Senior Teen Winter Retreat.  I've not been a "counselor" since 2005 so that's weirding me out a little.  I'm not sure if I'm going to have more than just my girls in my "cabin."  I love being out there.  I hate when Kevin can't be there with me.  It just doesn't feel right.  I know it'll be a great time for probably more reasons that I can count.  It always works that way.  I hate that I'm going to be gone from him all weekend..."our" time together.  I hope the weather cooperates.  I wonder if I'll get to use my ice skates?  Will it be warm enough Saturday morning to head out for a run (now that my muscles are no longer screaming after their most reason running experience).  I'm weird.  Why do I still get butterflies like this?  I'm a grown up aren't I?  I'm also a worry wort though.  Why in the world am I confessing all this?  *sigh*

You just wait.  In 3 days or so I'll come back with a beaming report of our time at the retreat.  Just you wait.  

1 comment:

  1. I know you will!!

    I think we're still adjusting to being grown up - its hard and it sucks sometimes. We've spent the last 20+ years not being grown up so our experience at the real thing is little.....

    Thats my thots.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com