December 18, 2009

The One with the Love Notes

Home was nice.
I wish I could have stayed much longer.
But only if I wouldn't have to be away from my husband.
Then I'd have the best of both worlds.
That guy missed me.
A lot.
He's become so much softer.
More considerate.
More helpful.
More romantic.
In just the last few months.
Must have something to do with him being just plain happy doing what he loves in life.
I came home and immediately starting finding little slips of paper.
Here and there.
Under a computer keyboard.
In the q-tips.
In my dresser.
With the silverware.
In the closet.
And he says there are more.
Twenty-five total.
An early yet ongoing Christmas gift.
I love him.
And he knows how much I love words.
Words of love. of affirmation. of thoughtfulness.
I don't even need presents.
But I'm pretty sure he loves buying me special things.

In other Christmas news, I just baked four dozen chocolate chip cookies.
Five dozen snickerdoodles.
Three dozen spicy molasses.
Adding to my frozen cookies.
Four dozen peanut butter.
Four dozen oatmeal chocolate chip.
And two dozen molasses.
All this in an effort to be fully (if not overly) prepared for the Christmas open house.
Hosted by Kevin and myself along with Pastor Dale & Pam.
At our home.
Sunday.
The second annual, actually.
Should be wonderful.

Another thing that would be wonderful?
From MckMama.
*squeal*

And now for something completely different.
Listen to the words of Jesus Calling.
"When you are plagued by a persistent problem-
one that goes on and on-
view it as a rich opportunity.
An ongoing problem is like a tutor who is always by your side.
The learning possibilities are limited only by your willingness to be teachable.
In faith, thank Me for your problem.
Ask Me to open your eyes and your heart to all that I am accomplishing through this difficulty.
Once you have become grateful for a problem, it loses it power to drag you down.
On the contrary,
your thankful attitude will lift you up into heavenly places with Me.
From this perspective,
your difficulty can be seen as a slight, temporary distress
that is producing for you a transcendent Glory never to cease!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com