October 6, 2009

The One with the Sleep Walking

My husband was kind enough to force me to sleep in this morning.
He was waking up at 5:45 for breakfast with Ben.
I really didn't want to wake up then.
He told me to just sleep.
And not to be mad at myself for being "lazy" when I woke up after 7.
"Ok," I said drowsily.
When I got up at 7:15 I poked my head out from behind the curtains.
I was astonished at the dense fog.
Immediately I was worried about Kevin having to drive with such limited visibility.

I walked into the den with my cup of green tea and I opened the curtains.
There was no fog in sight.
I was perplexed.
What in the world?
But then my brain kicked on.
The "fog" I had seen in the bedroom window was apparently fogged/steamed windows.
From the warmth of my body heat reacting with the frozen temperatures outside.
I laughed at myself.

Another confession.
Last night after we watched yet another recorded episode of Criminal Minds
(our favorite show of all time)
I was suddenly very sleepy.
But we decided to watch How I Met Your Mother before bed.
It's always better for me if I end with a "happy note."
Not a murderous memory.
I have nightmares.
But that's another story.
So we watched this great sitcom.
And I somehow managed to fall asleep.
I can't stay awake for 22 minutes while being entertained?!
How oooold am I??
When I turned off the tv, I said, "I'm not sure if I can get up. I'm so tired...."
And that was that.
I was out.
Like a light.
Sitting straight up.
With my mouth gaping open.
Just begging that first drop of saliva to escape.
(Yes. I drool. Yes. It's disgusting. Again, how old am I??)

Fifteen minutes later I was awoken by the deafening silence as Kevin's fingers ceased their keyboard stroking.
I walked straight to bed.
What a zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com