July 21, 2009

The One with the Medical Graphic-ness

I don't know about you, but I am totally ok with this mild summer we've been having.
With the exception of that one week before July 4th. yuk.
I am all about the 70s and sunny.

I am not, however, a fan of warts.
They are disgusting.
I have known many a beautiful person to suffer from this skin infection (is it an infection? I don't even know...), but never once thought that I would have to deal with these "growths."
Gross.
Gross growths.
Ha,ha. I'm funny. or not.
So if you've been around me at all in the last couple months you've probably been subjected to a viewing of my hideous hands.
Women are supposed to have gorgeous satiny hands with perfectly manicured nails, right?
Me? Not so much.
I've always been a nail biter (I won't blame that on my dad, but I probably could) so there goes that lovely attribute.
I have short, stubby, torn off nails with hang nails here and there and poorly cared for cuticles.
And warts.
At least 5 warts.
One which happens to take up at least half of the surface area of my thumb.
If you don't believe me, ask my husband.

"Why on earth did she just share that?" you might be thinking.
I have no idea.
I'm just the open and honest and "hang out my laundry for all to see" type of person.

In other news, ..........
.......well.......
I guess.......
after thinking about it for over a minute, I have no other news.
At least nothing that can rise up to the wart conversation standards.

2 comments:

  1. I have weird stuff too! Don't worry. Lately I have have been grinding my teeth while I sleep. It's driving my husband crazy!! It is now starting to hurt my head/teeth. I just bought a mouth guard to see if that helps. I was thinking about writing a blog about it tonight too - I don't think I will tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny :P

    Have you tried any over-the-counter remedies? If they are super persistent, your doc can probably freeze them off for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com