July 27, 2009

The One Where I'm Free to Be Me

I have the greatest, awesomest, bestest husband in the whole universe.
Not even exaggerating.
[And yes, I can use words that I deem words. This is my blog after all.]
I cannot even begin to describe the circumstances that have unrolled (unravelled) this weekend.
My life has been a bit of an emotional roller coaster.
That's not completely atypical for me, but these days were particularly unpredictable.
I'm not even sure if I can remember (or if I want to remember) everything, and I'm fairly certain you don't care to know everything.

If the latter is the case, then maybe you ought to find another blog to read.
One where the author doesn't spill her guts out into a heap that resembles...well...guts.
Life isn't always pretty.
Though sometimes life is breathtaking.
Other times life is heartbreaking.
But no matter the case I find this blog to be a place of honesty and vulnerability.
I don't want to feel inhibited because it's possible someone may be taken aback or offended by my truthfulness.
This is the place where I can share my life. My real life.
My real life which is sometimes mundane. sometimes endearing. sometimes romantic.
You may not approve of how much t.v. I watch.
You may not understand why I'm so silly at times.
You might cringe at the movies I find so entertaining.
You may be offended by one of my rants on frugal shopping.
But you might also be encouraged to bake more because you hear me talk of how much I love it.
You might find yourself enjoying a little jolt from your standard thought process and learning right along with me.
You might hear yourself laugh at something stupid I say or chuckle at the enjoyment I find in the little pleasures of life.
You might even see God in a new way. [I pray you do.]
But in every instance you'll find me.
With every entry you'll learn more about who I really am. Not who you assume me to be.
And maybe, just maybe this path will lead me to discover the woman God created me to be.

My life is always blessed. Even if I'm not seeing the blessing through the raindrops.
My life is always filled with love.
Love from my family that cannot be diminished.
Love from my husband that grows with each day.
My life is filled with Love Himself.

To know a little more about my heart listen to Francesca Battistelli's Free to Be Me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com