June 9, 2009

The One where the Game is Over and I Can Go to Bed

It's after 10pm and I'm tired, as per usual. But alas, I remain at my desk drowsily operating my fingers and attempting to keep my mouth from gaping open in it's pre-sleep-getting-ready-to-salivate-all-over-my-pillow state. Gross, I know. TMI? probably. meh.

I'm still awake because my husband is still awake and I have been completely spoiled this past year as he accompanies me to the Land of Sleep every night. The Redwings are playing the Penguins in game 6 of the hockey series. Until recently (and by recently I mean since I took up residence in the great [unemployed] state of Michigan), I didn't even know there were professional hockey teams. I didn't even really know what hockey was...other than guys on ice skating like crazy men and throwing one another into walls. Ohhhh wait. That is hockey. Despite my lack of concern for this sport for which people are either completely passionate or totally apathetic, I realized how much Kevin wanted to catch this pivotal game. So I obliged. Luckily for me, the summer prime time television lineup completely stinks...as always...so I'm not missing much (or anything, actually).

Why is that, by the way? Why do they remove all shows with any decent and/or intriguing plot line from the summer schedule? Ridiculous game shows take the place of my favorites, and the writers of my favorites relish the thought of leaving me--their captive audience--in complete and utter suspense for MONTHS! Whatever will I do?

Move on, Mel.

Today was a good day. A beautiful good day. A day filled with dozens and dozens of cookies--most of which will end up being sold on Sunday at church. Speaking of which, where do people get the idea that it is their right to have my baked goods at their fingertips every week? I mean, geez, it's not like I have a life. Ok, move on, Mel. You're tired and your thought filter has all but disappeared.

Like I was saying it was a good day. Early work out, delicious oatmeal with almonds and strawberries, cloudless blue sky, 73 degrees, cookies (also known as "getting to use Stan, my mixer"), writing a lengthy letter to my sis, reading with Jesus, and tilapia and baked potatoes for dindin. A good day.

1 comment:

  1. this does sound like a fun day! Mel, i must tell you that i am trying out your recipies.. it has been a dream of mine to hae a bed and breakfast by the ocean..and i think i may pursue this dream..haha. maybe i will write about it on my blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com