December 23, 2011

The One with Cookies & Deliveries

friday favorite things | finding joy 

This week has had its ups and downs, but today I'm finding my {favorite} things about the past few days. Looking for the thanksgiving always brings joy.  


Last weekend I delivered 5 dozen Vanilla Almond Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing to a friend who had ordered them from me. Yesterday I heard she thought they were the most delicious, most beautiful sugar cookies she'd ever had (or seen.) I'm was thrilled! I do love the uniqueness of the vanilla almond flavor. It takes the simple sugar cookie to the next level. 
166



With a freezer over flowing with cookies, I decided it would be nice to deliver a few sweets to our neighbors. Since we just moved in 4 months ago, we still haven't met many families on our block (shame on us). But cookies always bring people together, right? And yes, I decided to be all...well..."Melanie" about the packaging and give a little COOKIE CODE inside the boxes. :) I'm certain it will be appreciated. And probably made fun of. Most mostly appreciated. 


IMG_7303

I even made festive labels and tied the boxes with ribbon. SO CUTE. I add both of our business cards so our neighbors wouldn't have to try to remember our names, and so they would have our contact info if they ever needed to get a hold of us. (And hey, if they decide to come to our church or take piano lessons from me, I wouldn't be bummed. :D) I hope that was ok.  

IMG_7314


And just because I love 'em, and I thought you might too--
Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

STP62475_2

and their new adventurous counterpart--
Rolo Blossom Cookies.

120



What are your {favorite} things this Friday? 
172


linked up with Rachel @ Finding Joy

2 comments:

  1. I prefer anise flavor to almond, but I would be willing to try the almond-vanilla combo. What I really want to know, though, is how you ice your cookies with such precision. I will email you pictures of my iced cookies and you will see why I am asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melanie....the cookies look beautiful and delicious. I sure hope we will be the recipient of some of them. I am sure that the neighbors will be thrilled with the coding inside the lid. I would be. Good idea on the business cards, too. See you soon. Have a BLESSED time with your newest family--your wonderful in-laws. Love you muchly, mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com