September 3, 2008

The One where My Sister is All Grown Up

The house is all clean and fresh once again. I tend to do things in rotations rather than all at once (i.e. clean the sink out one day, dust a couple days later, vacuum the next morning, etc...) but sometimes I get bursts of energy to scrub, scrub, scrub. (Man.."scrub" in an incredibly difficult word for my fingers to translate into typing.) The tub has been scoured, the toilet cleansed, the sink scrubbed, the mirrors shined, the floors swept, the rugs shook, and the tiles mopped. Yay.

I love biking with my love. I enjoy reminiscing. Especially with him. Campus has become ridiculously busy. Darn school starting. I don't know how we ever make a whole trip without popping a million holes in our tires from the glass that is broken up and down every road.

Roasted veggies [potatoes, onions, garlic, green peppers, and carrots] were delicious alongside our hamburgers last night. Topped off with a gooey brownie was just "mmmm."

Kevin and I have begun a new tradition. Lovingly entitled "couch time." (A little name I stole from my parents...they had "couch time"...basically alone conversation time after dinner when I was little.) We're reading through Experiencing God Together and already deepening our spiritual intimacy. (Thanks to Britt's Dad for letting us borrow the book.) We're both really excited about this time together to focus on one another, to pray together, to examine our spiritual lives and weave them together.

ps. In case you haven't figured it out, I sometimes enjoy titling my entries with another topic all together in hopes that you will figure out the story behind it all on your own. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com