September 28, 2009

The One with First things First

I need you to pray.
Pray hard.
For Jennie.
For Nich.
For Hailey.
And for their little tiny babies that are such fragile gifts from our God.
Precious Katelyn pressed on as long as she could.
Now she is with Jesus.
And may his Spirit be ever present with Katelyn's Mommy & Daddy.
And all those who loved her so dearly.
And pray for Brooklyn & Landon & Brennan as they continue to win this battle.
We love you.

I came home from my church leadership meeting yesterday afternoon.
Just after sharing Jennie & Nich's story with our church body--coveting their prayers.
Kevin came to see me.
He had a unique expression on his face.
I commented on it.
And then he said he had to tell me something really bad.
As soon as the words spilled out of his mouth, I started sobbing.
Right then.
We prayed right there.
I cried again as I told my mom. and my dad.
And as I read Jennie's post.


------------
And now for something completely different.
Once again, I shall join MckMama for a confessional Monday.
Not that I ever do anything I would be ashamed about.


I definitely do not live under the assumption that one ought to make their bed every day.
I would never admit to missing but 3 days of bed making in my conscious memory.
Nope, I'm certainly not bred for the anal retentive nature of hyper obsessive bed making.
And even if I was this ridiculous, I would never admit to leaving my bed unmade on Saturday.
And I would never use crankiness and sleeplessness as excuses.

When I decide to read a book, I am always intensely focused until it's finished.
Therefore, I would never read the first two books in a series in about 2 weeks and then take the remaining 6 months to finish book three.
Nope, not me.
I'm certainly never distracted with the 7 other books and 3 other magazines I read in my spare time.
(Which, by the way, is becoming increasingly valuable to me as my days become overfilled.)

I would never ever ever eat chocolate for breakfast.
Never.
Ever.
That would be a completely juvenile desire first of all.
And second of all, after seeing fudge recipes at 8 in the morning, I would not take a spoon and dig in to my own previously made fudge.
Nope, not me.
And even if I did eat fudge before breakfast, I would never over eat something so decadent.
Because then I would get sick.
And I definitely did not get sick.

That is all.


------
Now go pray.




1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com