December 28, 2008

The One with Red & Green

Our first Christmas together was splendid! :)  After starting a new tradition Christmas Eve (Kevin whipping up a homemade alfredo), we went over to the church for the candle lighting/song singing/Jesus' birthday cake eating  service.  Despite the fact that I ended up playing piano for the entire service having no prior warning, it was a lovely time of fellowship.  Kevin & I ventured home at its completion and opened our stocking stuffers.  We both received glowing results of our shopping.  

The next morning was Christmas!!  We woke up bright and early--our usual 6:00am and we both quite ready for the celebration.  (We had both awakened at 1am when Kevin wished me a Merry Christmas--3 hours after having gone to bed--and he tells me he attempted to sleep restlessly all night so that I might wake up and we could open presents!  *grin*)  Kevin loved all of his gifts from me--especially the extra soft & comfy robe and slippers and his new movies Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.  I will be in love with my gift from him for the next 70 years.  I have a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings that will be worn daily from now and until forever!!  (I love you, Darling!  Thank you!)  After having plenty of time for exercise, showers, and a scrumptious pancake & eggs breakfast, we pulled out of the driveway for Ashtabula.  

We had a nice drive (except for the 45 minutes of freaked out drivers due to the snow) and made it to my parents' house by 2:30pm.  With Mom, Dad, Ash, Grandma Marr, Kevin & I present we opened the many wonderful gifts & then enjoyed a delicious ham & turkey dinner once Grandma Mary joined us.  It was great.  

Friday we had dinner with my childhood friends Elizabeth & DeeDee and their men (husband, Matt and fiance, Ryan).  Elizabeth is still recovering from her c-section on Tuesday when she gave birth to their firstborn son--Owen Matthew.  He's absolutely perfect!  We had a wonderful time cuddling the baby and visiting with good friends.

Saturday we spent most of the day with my mom's side of the family--her 4 siblings and almost all of my cousins.  There was more than enough good food, lots of laughs, and a great time for becoming reacquainted after months apart!

Enjoy the pictures!

Christmas Day:::


The New Proud Parents:::

Matt, Elizabeth, Owen, Ryan, DeeDee, Melanie & Kevin

We loved that baby!
Ash, Dad, Mom, Aunt Barb, Uncle Scott, & Kalie
Grandma Marr surrounded by her four kids

3 comments:

  1. Great photos! It sounds like your first Christmas together was very memorable. :) Also, I just have to say that you two look fabulous with that baby! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute baby you got there :)

    yes, we plan on cloth diapering. why do you ask? do you have information that could help me???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com