December 19, 2008

The One where it's White

Today is the first SNOW DAY Kevin & I have had since high school!  We are stoked!!  Well, I don't actually have a snow day since yesterday was my last day working at the office, and Kevin decided last night that driving to Wayne in the forecasted blizzard would be suicide, but officially seeing "Wayne State University" listed at the bottom of the newscast among the 300 other closures was WAY exciting.  So here we sit.  Happy.  Cozy.  At home.  Together.  On a Friday.  With nothing to do.  
I still got out of bed at 6am, worked out, fixed us a pancake breakfast, showered, changed our bed sheets, did a load of laundry, mopped the kitchen floor (first time since thanksgiving...yuck!), and prepared Christmas gift packages to be mailed and/or given this weekend.  

I'm looking forward to...today.  Saturday (which is semi-officially designated as "our" day).  Sunday which includes a Christmas breakfast at church, Eccles/Arvidson mini-Christmas in the afternoon, and of course youth group.  Next week.  (I get to bake pies and prepare for Christmas in Ashtabula.)  Our first Christmas together.  Going "home" together.  Seeing family together.  

Basically, it's all good.  

--------------------------
ps.  After posting the former paragraphs this morning, I decided to add to this post by telling the world that I just had the greatest time of my life!!  My husband and I are currently sipping on hot cocoa (Starbucks mix if you must know...) and warming up after spending an hour and a half perfecting the most amazing snowman EVER!  





2 comments:

  1. Aw how fun! My Kevin is working from home today, which means he's done some work but also a lot of snowblowing and hanging out with me! It's nice to be snowed in together, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I love it!!!! It all seems wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. If you want share directly with us, feel free to email kevin.melanie@gmail.com